First off, I would like to apologize for my lack of writing skills at the moment. I have not written anything for a while and may be a little rusty at it. Since this will be my first "official" blog, I'd like to explain why I chose to go with the title, chasing the American dream.
In my opinion, the American Dream is still kind of like the old image of having a spouse, kids, and the nice house with accompanying car. Now I don't need to be filthy rich to achieve this, nor do I wish to be for that matter. Well, let me take that back, I think we would all like to be filthy rich! What I'm saying is that I don't need to have a ton of money to be happy. I would be more than content with an upper-middle class lifestyle.
My version of the American dream has my wife, kids, and I living in a "safe" neighborhood. My kids would be educated at nice schools and I would have a job that provides more than enough income. This income would be used to take a couple vacations a year; one as a family and one with just the wife and I.
Anyway, enough rambling, I think that everyone has their own idea of what the American dream is. Some may want nothing to do with a family, or "suburbia" and some may want to be able to break laws without being punished. Whatever your idea of the American dream is, chase it, work for it, and reach for it. As long as your dream doesn't turn someone else's into a nightmare, we should all be better off because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment